at the heart
of the IB DP Programme
It is a way of thinking, of being, of interacting with the world around us and of developing oneself.
It enables personal growth, collaboration with others, the enhancement of skills and the learning of new things.
You can draw upon the IB Learner Profile when planning some CAS experiences.
What is CAS?
The CAS programme aims to develop students who
• enjoy and find significance in a range of CAS experiences
• purposefully reflect upon their experiences
• identify goals, develop strategies and determine further actions for personal growth
• explore new possibilities, embrace new challenges and adapt to new roles
• actively participate in planned, sustained, and collaborative CAS projects
• understand they are members of local and global communities with responsibilities towards each other and the environment.
(OCC CAS Guide)